To enhance security in its buildings, Lehigh University together with the Lehigh University Police Department, controls access to all buildings by limiting and controlling the use and function of both access cards and keys issued to all faculty, staff, students, contractors, outside vendors, as well as conference and camp participants.
IDs (Lehigh ID/GoldPLUS), ELECTRONIC ACCESS & LOCKSMITH (IDEAL) OFFICE USEFUL LINKS:
- Access and Security (Fraternity and Sorority Houses)
- Access and Security (Residential Services)
- Electronic Access Authorization Forms (Residential, Academic, Key Authorization, Designated Signatory Form)
- General Building Access Policy and Procedures
- Lehigh GoldPLUS
- Lehigh ID Cards
- Letter to Contractors - Background Checks and Credentials
- PA State Police - PATCH (Pennsylvania Access To Criminal History)
WHEN SUBMITTING BACKGROUND CHECKS TO OBTAIN ELECTRONIC ACCESS CARD/ID CREDENTIALS:
- Request and print your background certification through the PA State Police - PATCH website
- Submit your background check to LUPD - Do not wait until the last minute to submit background checks to the police station.
- Please allow up to 72 hours for processing of background checks.
- Ensure ALL employees on the job site complete background checks - no exceptions.
- LUPD will NOT call you to let you know you are clear and/or that you are able to obtain your credentials.
- LUPD will notify you ONLY if there is a discrepancy and speak to you directly.
Please note: Submit all background check certifications directly to Edward Shupp, Chief of Police either in person at 321 East Packer Avenue, by Fax at (610) 758-6358 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions concerning these forms or Access Control in general, please contact: