To enhance security in its buildings, Lehigh University together with the Lehigh University Police Department, controls access to all buildings by limiting and controlling the use and function of both access cards and keys issued to all faculty, staff, students, contractors, outside vendors, as well as conference and camp participants.
IDs (Lehigh ID/GoldPLUS), ELECTRONIC ACCESS & LOCKSMITH (IDEAL) OFFICE USEFUL LINKS:
- Access and Security (Fraternity and Sorority Houses)
- Access and Security (Residential Services)
- Electronic Access Authorization Forms (Residential, Academic, Key Authorization, Designated Signatory Form)
- General Building Access Policy and Procedures
- Lehigh GoldPLUS
- Lehigh ID Cards
- Letter to Contractors - Background Checks and Credentials
- PA State Police - PATCH (Pennsylvania Access To Criminal History)
WHEN SUBMITTING BACKGROUND CHECKS TO OBTAIN ELECTRONIC ACCESS CARD/ID CREDENTIALS:
- Request and print your background certification through the PA State Police - PATCH website.
- Ensure the company name for which the background check is being submitted for is referenced on the background check.
- Submit your background check to LUPD - Do not wait until the last minute to submit background checks to the police station.
- Please allow up to 72 hours for processing of background checks.
- Ensure ALL employees on the job site complete background checks - no exceptions.
- LUPD will NOT call you to let you know you are clear and/or that you are able to obtain your credentials.
- LUPD will notify you ONLY if there is a discrepancy and speak to you directly.
Please note: Submit all background check certifications directly to Elizabeth Miller Coleman, Lehigh University Police Dept, either in person at the Police Station located at 321 East Packer Avenue, by Fax at (610) 758-6358 or by email: email@example.com
PRIOR TO PICKING UP YOUR ELECTRONIC ACCESS CARD/ID CREDENTIALS AT THE IDEAL OFFICE:
- In order to expedite the process, please email a photo of each employee as a .jpg file to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your arrival on campus.
- All photos must be a color, head-and-shoulders photograph of you facing the camera with a plain background. We cannot accept photos that would make it difficult to determine your identity.
- We reserve the right to refuse any photo, due to poor quality, unacceptable content, or other variables.
- We reserve the right to crop or edit the image in order to produce an acceptable ID picture
- Recommended picture size is a minimum of 400 x 400 pixels, and a maximum of 800 x 800 pixels."
Please note: Submit all photos directly to IDEAL Office by email email@example.com
If you have any questions concerning these forms or Access Control in general, please contact: